Dr. Hochstrate Maschinenbau ®
Wullener Feld 71
Tel.: +49 (0)2302 / 9 73 89 77
Fax: +49 (0)2302 / 9 73 89 81
hydraulic bending machine vs. press brake zu Abkantpressen
Advantage of a hydraulic bending machine compared with a press brake
1. The brake can only take on the function as press.
1. The bending machine can take over the function of a press as well as a bending machine. There is no profile that the bending machine in comparison to the press could not bend. Instead, there are profiles that can be bent very well with the bending machine, but not with a press. The beam is capable of working as a press, that means that the upper beam is able to compress bended sheets, allowing the "folding".
|2 . For most profiles, a tool change is required, i.e. Setup times are incurred.
||2. A variety of profiles can be produced without tool changes.|
|3. Round bending is only possible with tool changing, always with a special tool and then only for a pre-defined radius. Furthermore, the individual steps can be seen as unattractive "stage segments" on the surface of the rounded plate.||3. Round bending is possible at any time without tool changing. Each radius between 20 mm and 5000 mm can be reached by adjusting the bending angle. The round bending function is supplied as standard with the straight rail and works in combination with the the nessasery motorized back gauge. The rounding is a harmoniously curved surface, there are clearly no segment steps.
|4. Long sheets speed up during bending process (look at sketch below)||4. The sheet metal is bent in a natural poistion and is located during bending process in rest position. Additional holding devices are not required.|
General: In larger quantities, in conjunction with well-to-use materials (eg thin sheet metal in handy sizes), the press brake has a little advantage in production speed. This advantage does not exist for special fabrications, single unit production and small batches and medium series. Furthermore, the folding machine has an advantage when bent difficult to handle sheets (large deviations in shape and thickness). The time a press brake saved during the bending gets lost because of the increased effort in handling the sheets in and out of the machine.
|Folding long metal sheets the machine has to be operated by two persons, because there is no possibility of putting down the metal sheet while inserting it.|
|Bending up a long metal sheet the one part
comes up to 45 degrees.
Releasing it the metal sheet can come off.
- Most forms can be produced without extra tools on a bending machine
- Continuous bending from straight to round without interruption on a folding machine
- The bending machine can be operated by one person even if larger pieces are being produced
- A Folding machine is easier on operator fatigue since the component rests flat on the machine bed during operation [as opposed to travelling up in the air]
- Spring back behaviour of different metals and different thicknesses can easily being controlled on a folding machine
- A fully automatic working cycle can be programmed
- Full safety at all times
- The folding machine is fitted with a clamping system, which holds the plate in position for better accuracy
- Cutting errors will result only at the end of the profile on the last bend on a folding machine
- Small variation in material thickness do not affect the bending angle on a folding machine
- A skilled operator is not required as the whole cycle is automatic and managed by the CNC
- Since virtually no changing of tools is required there is a substantial reduction in operating time on a folding machine
- Accurate repeatability due to CNC and high resolution encoders
- Cone and round bending processes are available on a folding machine
- Box bending attachment is available on a folding machine
- The installation of back gauges allow the use of handling devices such as gantry cranes and unloading tables, reducing the operator involvement
- For processes, the like for like folding machine requires less power
- Goat foot tools are easily installed and increase the possibility of complicated bends
- Under present guarding regulations Light guards are not required which saves expense
- A folding machine is more versatile and ready to bend any angle without first setting up tooling